Q. How do I setup local tax withholding?
A. Please use the steps below to setup the name of the tax locality and the locality tax base in the “Local Tax Settings”:
1. Select “Utilities” on the Main Menu bar.
2. Click “Withholding Rates”.
3. Click “Local Tax Settings”.
4. Type in a 5 digit abbreviation for the tax locality in the “Type Name of Tax Locality” box.
5. Click the down arrow on the “Select Locality Tax Base” box, and make the appropriate selection (usually “Gross (Taxable)”).
6. Click the “Save” button to save the changes.
The withholding tax rate (enter tax rate .01 for 1%) is entered in the Employee Record for each employee in the box to the right of “Local Tax Rate as a Decimal Number or Dollar Amount per pay period”.
The local payroll withholding tax will now calculate.